Wednesday, July 27, 2011

hello again!

two things--seemingly unrelated--that i have REALLY been wanting lately.

1. a blog.

2. an entry way table for my living room.

both, thanks to a little determination and a slight bit of disobedience, have been procured today.

you see, my husband is currently working on a website for us to use in lieu of facebook. we both love to share life through pictures and stories, but he is not a fan of the social disaster that facebook has become, and wants us to have a more personal medium to share our life with our friends and family. while i'm partial to facebook, and will be a little sad to see it go when that time comes, i'm excited at the prospect of a project that jake and i can work on together. i've been told that the possibilities of having a customizable website are endless--a truth i'm sure i'll discover when my sweet husband gets ours up and running.

i love him. but i'm a blogger, and i need to blog! now! so yes, i'm being a little disobedient (i prefer enthusiastic) and starting a temporary blog which i will use only for the time being.

in my blog entries, i plan on covering a multitude of simple but meaningful (to me) topics. i will bore you with hundreds of pictures of my adorable dog (she is really, really cute and you'd love her if you met her), talk about new recipes i've tried, brag about my husband (he's pretty cool), explain why bikram yoga is the only real yoga, share great (and not so great) books i've read, maybe throw in a couple funny married life stories, and post pictures of my favorite home decorating finds.

below are a couple pictures of my newest addition: an entry way table! i wanted a table that would compliment the color scheme in my living room (deep red, cream, dark green, and a little orange), but contrast with the dark wood of my coffee table and tv console. i like how the hint of turquoise in the throw pillow (bottom picture) matches perfectly with my new table.

this was an under $50 project. i got the table (had my eye on it for weeks and it was finally marked down to $28!), frame (on clearance for $3.50), and metal sign ($5) at ross. the lamp was borrowed (stolen) from my parents' house awhile ago. thanks mom & dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment