Sunday, November 6, 2011

fall, flannel & football!

Oh hey, November! Can't believe it's been two months since I posted. I have a few moments to spare before heading out to visit some friends, so I figured a quick update on the Crane household would be apropos!

With fall in full swing, I have been keeping busy with the typical teacher workload (grading, grading, and more grading), bi-weekly bikram yoga classes, a wonderful new bible study at our church, and trying to keep up with my high-energy, occasionally-willing-to-cuddle puppy. In addition to his job, the class he's taking, and being an all-around terrific chef, husband, and dad to Izzy, Jake has been occupying his time with football. Reading about it, talking about it, dreaming about it... and probably wishing I shared his passion for it (I'm really trying!).

Because our weeks are so busy, we both look forward all week to Friday night date night. We like to try a new restaurant every week. This Friday, we ate at Coastal Flats. They serve great seafood dishes and appetizers! We are obsessed with one of the starters there--the Blue Crab & Rock Shrimp Fritters with grilled corn salsa & lobster ginger butter. Holy amazing!

Last night I was excited to have some time to do a little cooking and baking (my favorite!). I made a big pot of yummy chili, which I left simmering on the stove while we took Izzy for a walk. To continue the "comfort food" theme, I tried these Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Filling for dessert.







Can't wait to share these little treats. They are delish!

I am also really looking forward to two visitors tomorrow--my mom and little brother :) It's definitely been hard to be far away from family, but I'm thankful that the distance can be covered in a day trip!

Until next time (or next season, at the rate I'm going!).

1 comment:

  1. The Whoopie pies were amazing! I'm so thankful that their creation coincided with my visit:)

    ReplyDelete