Sunday, August 14, 2011

24: a year in review


one year ago today an extremely good looking, kind, unselfish, forgiving, and all-around wonderful man asked me to marry him on top of a very foggy mountain while I chowed down on a pizza Lunchable (trust me, I wouldn't change a thing!). it was hands down the BIGGEST surprise of my life, and the year that followed was filled with even more. what a blessed, exciting, and full-of-love year it's been: surviving my first year of teaching, buying our first home, having a more perfect wedding than I could have ever dreamed of, moving to Northern Virginia, adopting our crazy puppy Izzy, and then turning the big 2-4!

last night, I celebrated my birthday in the city with eight of our friends. we began our rendezvous at Rustico, a trendy restaurant with an amazing menu and an impressive beer and wine list. I feasted on their panzanella salad, an incredible creation that consists of soft bread mixed with tomatoes and cucumbers covered in a vinegarette dressing. it was so good & perfect for summer! I will definitely be trying out this recipe to see if I can recreate it at home.



next, we walked to The Cheesecake Factory for dessert. I can't say I've ever been able to finish my own piece of cheesecake (Jake and I usually split one because we are too full), but I came pretty close last night. I played it safe and went with my favorite: Banana Cream! after we had completely stuffed ourselves, we headed to Clarendon Grill for some drinks and dancing.



I couldn't have asked for a better birthday or better friends. Here's to 24 and another year of adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment