Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a teacher's school supplies

after a very long break (I finished my first year of teaching at the end of May!), the inevitable and inescapable truth is here--it's my last week of summer. next week I have orientation for my new school, and the following week all teachers go back to work. I'm incredibly thankful that I found a teaching position at such a great school, and am mostly ready to get back into the swing of things! [of course, there are quite a few things I'll miss: snuggling with my puppy when we wake up, leisurely drinking coffee & reading a book, morning yoga, and plenty of time for running errands and working on projects--not to mention sleeping in when I feel like it!]

I love what I do, and I'm blessed to have a job I enjoy going to [pretty much] every day. I'm hopeful that this will be another great year, and am excited to meet more of my co-workers and get settled in my classroom!

here are a few little things that are helping get me pumped about going back to work:



this handy wristlet key fob that I just ordered from Etsy--perfect for my new classroom key!



this adorable little clipboard + pen (it only looks like a pencil) that I found at TJMaxx for $4.99.



this super-cute folio & notebook set that my sweet friend Teresa gave me for my birthday--I love the monogram, of course!

I'm looking forward to using my new "school supplies" and will be on the lookout for more fun teacher stuff at Target and Walmart (I LOVE back to school shopping & always have!)--but for now, I'm planning on just enjoying my few days at home before the craziness begins.



No comments:

Post a Comment